05 Jul My recipe to make almond milk
Grab a large handful of almonds (your entire hand) without toasting, find the ones to make milk. Put them in a bowl with filter or mineral water and leave them to soak overnight. When you wake up pour the whole contents of the bowl (along with the water) into the blender and add water up to about 3cms (2 fingers) before reaching the top. If you want you can add homemade honey to make it sweeter (I put a large spoonful) to sweeten it.
Put it in the blender no more than 1 minute. Pour the contents into a glass bottle using a strainer (the one you have in your house serves, better if it is small size)
Cover the bottle and put it into the refrigerator and it’s ready to drink! Almond milk lasts about 3 days in the refrigerator. No more. I hope you enjoy it!
Properties of almond milk:
- Reduces the risk of degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s, as they promote brain activity while providing nutrients to the nervous system
- Helps strengthen bones, helps skin and hair to look healthy and moisturized
- Reduces the risk of heart attacks and other cardiovascular diseases by strengthening and protecting the walls of the arteries
- Helps protect and strengthen bones and teeth
- Provides fiber, protein, minerals, vitamins B and E
- Are great for natural energy